Do you do everything you can to ease your fibro symptoms, and wonder why you don’t feel better? If you’re being exposed to the following substances, you may be undoing all the good you’re doing with your diet, medications and alternative treatments.
- Aluminum Hydroxide – An adjuvant added to vaccines to increase antibody production, aluminum hydroxide is a neurotoxin that has been connected to Gulf War Syndrome; as well as cognitive dysfunctions and motor neuron disease, which is virtually indistinguishable from classical amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS, also known as Lou Gehrig’s disease) except for the age of onset. It has also been linked to the destruction of, and damage to, motor neurons; which are responsible for telling your muscles to contract or relax, thus controlling movement; as well as for receiving sensations from the body.
- Aspartame – Aspartame (Nutra-Sweet) has been linked to headaches, including migraine; higher pain levels, cancer, brain tumors, tinnitus (ringing or buzzing sound in the ears,) noise sensitivity; decreased vision and/or other eye problems such as: blurring, bright flashes, squiggly lines, tunnel vision; decreased night vision; pain in one or both eyes; dry eyes; dizziness and unsteadiness; confusion and memory loss; severe drowsiness and sleepiness; paresthesia or numbness of the limbs; severe slurring of speech; severe hyperactivity and restless legs; atypical facial pain; tremors; seizures; severe depression; irritability; aggression; anxiety; personality changes; insomnia; phobias; palpitations; tachycardia; shortness of breath; high blood pressure; nausea; diarrhea, sometimes with blood in stools; abdominal pain; pain when swallowing; itching without a rash; hives; aggravated respiratory allergies such as asthma; and many more. Like MSG, it is an excitotoxin, and causes the same over-excitement of neurons and neuron death at high levels.
- Breast Implants – Silicone breast implants have been connected to debilitating chronic fatigue, postexertional malaise, impaired short term memory, and multi-joint pain. These symptoms become even worse if the implants rupture or leak, which has been known to happen without any obvious sign that the implant has been damaged in some way.
- Monosodium Glutamate (MSG) – In a small human study (linked below) eliminating MSG from the diets of several fibromyalgia patients also eliminated their fibromyalgia symptoms. In other studies; MSG has been linked to neuropathic pain, anxiety and depression; as well as Parkinson’s disease, Alzheimer’s disease, Huntington’s disease, and ALS. MSG is an “excitotoxin” which affects the brain by triggering neurons to fire incessantly until they die and effects the areas of the brain that control sensory perception, memory, orientation to time and space, cognition and motor skills
- Atorvastatin, Pravastatin, Simvastatin and other Statin Drugs – statin (cholesterol lowering) drugs are known to cause myalgia (muscle aches and pains) and myopathy (spasms, cramps, twitching, rigidity and weakness) as side effects. All of these are also symptoms of fibromyalgia and CFS/ME, and the myalgia and myopathy can become permanent if you take these medications for long enough. In addition, a 2011 study at the University of Kentucky suggests that statins can also interfere with memory and cognition. Finding other options could reduce pain levels and fibrofog.
Although there are other toxins that can worsen your symptoms, these are all very common, and relatively simple to get rid of. They may not be the only things impacting the severity of your symptoms, but eliminating these 8 things from your body can help you feel better.
|If you’ve found the content on this website helpful, and you can afford to, please consider making a contribution to help keep the content coming and the site online.|